laundry detergent -good for health and pocket




Is it just me that is constantly trying to find a  good laundry detergent for washing clothes or it’s a universal problem. Besides there are



See… there are so many different types and brands…

High-Efficiency Laundry Detergent
Standard Top-Loader Laundry Detergent
Gold Water Laundry Detergent
Green Laundry Detergent
Multi-purpose Laundry Detergent
Laundry Detergent for light clothes
Laundry Detergent for dark clothes
Stain Removing Laundry Detergent

And the list goes on and on…

In the past I’ve tried it All (including All Detergent) as well as Arm & Hammer, Cheer, Gain, Persil, Purex, Seventh Generation, Tide, Ariel, Ajax, Wisk, Promax and many others that I don’t even remember.



In an effort to find that magical product I came across these issues:

-          Why some of the detergents have and “odd “odor? (I honestly don’t like when my clothes smell like chemicals

-          Why some detergents irritate skin?

-          What are the dangers of washing kids clothes with regular detergent?

-          Do I have an allergy from the laundry detergent?

-          What toxic chemicals are in the laundry detergent?

-          What are the hidden ingredients in the laundry detergent?

-          What is Nonylphenol Ethoxylate (NPE) and why it is in my detergent?

-          Are laundry detergents bad for my health?



And I have a bunch of other questions. I am sure other people asked themselves similar questions.

So, I started my product research… I am still looking for that perfect product – if you found one that works for you, please comment bellow the video!



For now, I found alternatives to chemical detergents that clean just as good or even better, but don’t have these toxic ingredients and hopefully do not harm my health.

So, here is my magic finding for now:



Instead of detergents, I’ve started using a combination of the following:

-          Baking Soda for washing the clothes (and just about anything else around the house)

-          Borax

-          Soaps

Moneywise, it might be even cheaper to use these alternatives. Don’t know that yet, I have to do more research and see how that goes!  

Please don’t forget to share your happiness!

Comments