what are the benefits of Cryotherapy?



So, we did the cryotherapy sessions at Peninsula Wellness Centre in Mountain View. The process was easy and painless. First we completed a short health screening form at the front desk. Then the Doctor personally talked to us about the process; asked if we have any questions. The doctor was very easy going and fun to interact with. After that we proceeded to the private changing rooms. We were given clean socks, gloves to keep the hands warm, a clean robe and slippers. I’ve asked my husband to go in first. As you can see, he is having lots of fun in there… He plays sports and is crazy about soccer. He got sold on the fact that the cryotherapy is supposed to help his sore muscles…

The doctor and his assistant was always monitoring the temperature. My husband reached -120 (I guess he is willing to go even lower temperature eventually). I think I’ll go -80 -90….. will see how it goes, maybe I’ll go lower temperature eventually. The cold air is dry, so you don’t feel much cold. We did about 2-3 minutes. That was advised for the first session.

The experience was totally fun! There was music playing, which made me dance! J After we got out, we were given the option to do a 5 minutes of total body vibration therapy. That really helps to bring the blood flowing and warm up!

Before coming for the session, we did about 1.5 hours of intense cardio on purpose. After the cryotherapy, I personally felt rejuvenation and a rush of energy thanks to full doze of the endorphins.

Because the body temperature drops to 30-50 f degrees, the body gets into survival mode. The blood gets moving all over the body and we all know the benefits of improved circulation:

-faster muscle recovery

-promotes healthier skin

- improves sleep

- helps with cellulite reduction

- eases pain

-stress and anxiety reduction

- weight loss. Seriously this is what I got sold on. Just one session burns 600-800 calories. That is in 2-3 minutes!!! Yey! I don’t know of any other exercise that burns this much calories in 2-3 minutes. I just worked my …. A…everything and burn about 600 calories working out for 1,5 hours…. And I’ve lost the same amount of calories in 2-3 minutes. If you ask me, this is totally cool!




Comments