Supreme Backpack unboxing and review.



Hi,, today I have posted a very special video on my YouTube channel about Supreme brand.  Here is the video: 

Now, some of you may have heard of the popular skate brand, Supreme. If you aren’t familiar with supreme - it  is a clothing brand created by one very smart man to scam kids. Backpacks that are worth $5 are sold on the website for $150 just because it has the Supreme logo. The retail for the same backpack goes for $180. And believe me, there are a bunch of buyers who are ready to pay retail. Now today I have a Supreme backpack and I will be reviewing if it is really worth the hype. Here is my Supreme Backpack…………………………  




Let’s start with the fact that in order to buy a Supreme product, you will either have to pay extra money for retail or be lucky to get something on Thursdays morning. Yes, indeed the “drop” or availability to buy Supreme opens up only on Thursdays morning; and it takes seconds…. I mean s-e-c-o-n-d-s…. until everything sells out.  The online transactions use some kind of custom-made shopping bots to complete purchases in seconds. Another way to buy Supreme is by travelling to one of the few brick and mortar stores or shops, stay in line for hours or days and if you are lucky, only if you  are…. Then you might get a chance to buy something. Last time I visited Los Angeles, there was such a big line at the Supreme Store…. That I thought only those that are truly devoted to this brand would stay in line. No way, I would do that…. Get this… in order to even be able to secure a spot in line… you will have to sign up on some kind of secret sign-up sheet on Mondays in order to claim a position in the Thursday line. What?

Seriously, whoever invented this strategy is a genius of economics. Anyways, while I was messing up with the online "drop” a few Thursdays ago, I accidently bought a Supreme backpack. And it arrived! Oh, my God! I also got a sticker… have no Idea where to put it… (it’s not going on my bumper car for sure). I also got a free bag with their logo….! (oh, boy!) here it is…

O.k.  so, about the backpack… So, starting with the quality, it seems okay but not quite a $150 backpack.



I can probably buy a better quality at Costco for $30-$40 bucks…. But obviously, with a different logo on it…

This product is so hyped up…. But honestly, this is not my brand…it goes against my believes… I’ll explain. See, I am very good at finding quality brands on sale. When I find a deal. I get it. And I am proud of it. Paying full premium is not my type of fun. Not my type of shopping.

Now, I am very interested in the strategy behind the Supreme brand. Why is Supreme so expensive? From what I understand the quality is not a factor. The limited supply and availability plays a big role. That’s where the hype comes from. So, once the product has been sold out, the Kings of the market are the resellers. They have the product that everyone wants.  On the other side, there are a bunch of people that want this product and are ready to pay the big bucks for it. And that’s how the hype begins. Does it remind you of anything? Real Estate market?

Now, obviously where there is demand and hype there are fake products. So, obviously if you are considering buying Supreme, please make yourself a favor and check the authenticity… I am not quite an expert, but I’ve researched some of the attributes that distinguishes real products from fake. For example if you are paying big bucks for a Supreme T-shirt, make sure to check if it  has a distinctive neck label with a number of traits; a contrast thread on the edges, a Supreme “hologram” on the reverse that’s only visible under bright light, a contrast thread at the edge of the label, and other particular details such as specific fonts and logo positioning.

O.k. so, being a proud owner of a hyped product like Supreme the question is- what should I do with it….

Dear people, please comment and help me decide: should I keep the Supreme backpack?                                          
   Or should I resell it? If I resell it, I might make and extra $20-$30 dollars.. (oh boy!)… If I keep it, I officially join the hyped Supreme club…..and will be a proud owner of an overpriced Supreme product!

Please comment bellow… what should I do? Also, if you like this video please subscribe to my channel and “click” on the like button on this video. If you share it, you will get extra Karma points. And you can use this Karma points to get a limited addition Supreme product! Thank you!

Should I keep it or resell? 

Comments